Monday, November 3, 2008

Those who are the hardest to love...




"Those who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it most"
...not my words, but I wish they were.

Why is it when we can't seem to work it out, it makes us want too so much more? Why not just say 'fuck it', let it go, walk away, find something new? But no, we dig in, or at the very least we morn the passing of it...even if it wasn't working. Crazy.

A friend calls it "needing your pain" as in the pain defines who you are at the time. Maybe it just lets us think we were part of something we wanted to be but wasn't. I don't really know.

I think I'm hard to love, but I also seem to be drawn to those who I think need it most. And in so doing I encounter another who is hard to love (who is probably looking for someone else who needs it most). Its a feedback loop...emotional relativism...recursive/obssessive...who knows. It might just be another emergent pattern in the complexity of universal constructs.

Either way, it feels shitty. Especially since it gets dark at 5:15 now.

No comments: